72 New Projects Approved by UNDEF
September 5, 2012
The United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) has announced 72 newly funded projects. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon approved the projects from the sixth round of funding, which narrowed the field from an initial 3,000 proposals. Of the selected projects, only two fit into the "global" category; four projects are "regional" and 67 projects are "local."
According to a recent newsletter released by UNDEF, a set of ten criteria were used to determine which projects UNDEF will fund:
1. promotes the objectives of UNDEF
draws on the United Nations comparative advantage
3. will have a significant impact
4. will encourage inclusiveness
5. will enhance gender equality
6. has strong prospects for successful implementation
7. has a strong track record
8. is technically sound in conception and presentation
9. represents good value for money
10. has strong prospects of sustainability beyond the project duration
To read more about CCD's UNDEF project, click here.
For the September 2012 UNDEF newsletter, click here.